Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Mitzi and Jerry are a little stunned that...

the forecast for Monday's high temp is 108 degrees.

It's hot here. I started drip sweating after standing in my living room for just two minutes. And just like last year, people keep saying, "Just wait til May. It will be hotter."

But this year, we are going to be a bit more prepared. This Saturday we are getting an inverter installed. An inverter is something like a battery that is connected to the electrical stuff in your flat. Usually, people have inverters that will allow one fan and one light to work in each room of the flat for about an hour. So, when the power goes out... you get the picture. Some buildings here have generators. Our does not. Some flats have inverters. Ours does not. Last year, the power outages almost got the best of me. There are more power cuts in summer than any other time because there is not enough electricity to meet the increased demand/need to use fans and A/Cs. Last summer, the power would go out and then after we could not stand it any longer, we would open the windows, but then the mosquitoes would come and bite me. They always stay away from Jerry and always bite me. It's just not fair.

Anyway, we are starting the process of getting the inverter installed this Saturday. I say starting the process because I have lived here long enough to know that it will most likely take at least a few sessions with the electrician before the inverter works. And I have decided that we will turn on only fans during the power outages because I would rather be in the dark if that means the fans can stay on a little longer without the lights using up the precious inverter battery. We don't need to SEE each other sweating!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree the fan is the most important... plus you have the head lights. C