Sunday, October 12, 2008

Diarrhea

Yes, this is will be a little gross, so read at our your own peril.

I should be at church this morning, but instead I am at home and Jerry is at church. I had really bad diarrhea last night. I think it was because of a village trip we took and some food I ate, in particular a wedge of apple that I did think twice about, but decided to partake to be polite. (When we first got here, we did not eat fresh produce for 3-4 months.)

Well, I started thinking last night that this is not a good place to have diarrhea even though eating/drinking here gives me diarrhea quite often. I have it maybe 1-2 times a week. Anyhow, there are no places here to stop and run into the bathroom. In the US, there are fast food places galore that have at least decent bathrooms. Plus, even if you can find a bathroom here, it will probably be not very nice, especially if you have to poop.

So, my stomach this morning is feeling a little weird and it is a 10-20 minute drive to church AND the bathroom at church is literally right next to where people sit. In our church, we sit on the floor and people actually lean against the bathroom door for back support. And once you open the bathroom door, the squat toilet is right there. And I have enough trouble trying not to get pee on my feet or shoes... I have had only some success in that area so far!

No comments: