Thursday, October 4, 2007

Kleenex and the Best Meal Ever!

KLEENEX - I love Puffs kleenex. When I was younger and had dreams of stardom, I thought about what products I would endorse. I wanted to endorse only products that I could personally recommend. I came up with Puffs and Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup.

The kleenex here is hard and falls apart. Puffs is soft and strong! I had been using the kleenex here because it was easier to get to. Then I remembered that I had one box of Puffs packed in a ziploc (without the box). So Jerry got me one and it felt heavenly!!! Oh, my nose felt sooooo good! It's the simple pleasures....

THE BEST MEAL EVER - I went shopping with a friend who moved here from the US about 1.5 years ago. While we were shopping for clothes, she mentioned that she would loan us the hot plate she used when she first got here and had to live in a hotel for 3 weeks. I got so excited because we brought a bunch of packages of our favorite ramen with us. So then, I started looking for stuff to put in the ramen. We like egg, spinach and spam. Apparently, there is no frozen spinach here. So, I looked for eggs and spam. No eggs or spam at the first two places, but I scored on both counts at the gas station convenience store!! They had lots of eggs and ONE can of spam (for $5). It was worth it. Jerry made our dinner in the hotel room and we used plastic Baskin Robins containers as our bowls.

3 comments:

iSwimiBikeiRun said...

So, did you bring Charmin Ultra with you too?

Anonymous said...

Just like being stuck in the college dorm. Ramen was a staple back then. All I had was an electric pot that boiled hot water.

Spam... what a find!

I am going to try to stop by and check in the spider. - candy

Dave, Rachel & Nate Quan said...

Awesome! Ramen is the best food staple ever!!! I think you will be getting a big box of soft tissues some time in the next few months here!

Rachel Quan