Thursday, October 18, 2007

In Spain

I am in Madrid, Spain visiting my sister. I will be here for two weeks, with a 5 day trip to Istanbul in the middle. Pictures to come later. The flight over here was fine, except I am missing a piece of luggage. However, it was filled with dirty clothes to wash over here, so no big deal. Hopefully it will get delivered before I go back to K. I know, bringing laundry all the way to Spain. Well, I will blog about the laundry situation in K another time.

I mentioned in my email update that I had been sick. I am MUCH better now. I think it was dehydration. I realize that I do not drink much water in K for several reasons. We cannot drink tap water. In the restaurants, we have to pay for water. And most importantly, I never know where I will be when I have to use the bathroom, so I have found myself not drinking enough water. I have got to come up with a better system to get my fluids. I could drink alot at night, but then I'd be constantly getting up from bed to use the toilet. I'll have to think about it...

Spain is GREAT!! The weather is nice and cool, but still sunny. The skies are a gorgeous blue. I had a fantastic pear last night and a wonderful apple today. We were outside alot today and it was just great walking around, not being hot and not worrying what you might step into. We had calamari sandwiches for lunch. YUM.

No comments: