Saturday, October 13, 2007

Another food update

KFC
The KFC here is so popular that a bouncer is needed for crowd control. The restaurant was packed and there was a line out the door with a line marker like you see at the airport. And there was an employee at the door, letting people in as people were leaving. Good thing we were not planning to eat.

DOMINOS
I never thought I would say this, “Domino’s pizza is great!” I am not a pizza person. If someone asks what I want to eat, I usually reply, “No pizza, no Mexican.” However, if other people want to eat it, I am fine with it. It’s just not my first choice. Anyhow, I had a medium thin-crust pepperoni pizza the other night and it was delicious. I wanted to eat the entire thing even though I was full after 3 slices. The pizza cost about $5, which is A LOT to pay for a meal here. Corn is a popular topping here.

KIMLING
We found a Chinese restaurant really close to our hotel. It is run by a really old Cantonese guy. The fried rice is good and they even have both steamed and pan fried dumplings, that they call momos here. The soups are pretty good as well.

Last night after we ate our dinner, I asked Jerry, "Can you believe that you will not eat salt-toasted ribs for a year? You will not eat watercress soup for a year?" I know, it's kinda mean...

No comments: