Saturday, September 22, 2007

at Heathrow airport right now

We did not make our 5:35 flight from Houston, but we caught a 7:25 flight that flew straight to London without stopping in Detroit. However, we had to fly into Gatwick, get all our luggage and then take a shuttle to Heathrow!! The shuttle ride was fun. We sat behind the driver for a better view and got to listen to some funny conversations. We also sat next to a Frank Sinatra fan who goes to Florida every year after Labor Day. Actually, all of the people we sat near go to Florida every year.

Right now I am at the Heathrow airport at Garfunkel's eating fish and chips. Jerry had the Great British Breakfast, an interesting assortment of breakfast food like sausage, bacon and eggs, along with pork and beans, sauteed mushrooms and half of a roasted tomato. I forgot to mention that my lunch came with some really strong mashed green peas.

My leg is not in constant pain, but I am still limping. You should see the two of us with all of our luggage. 4 suitcases, 2 footlockers, a guitar and 2 carryons. It's been crazy.

Well, time to go board our flight to South Asia. I think it is a 10 or 11 hours flight. Yikes! I had nausea on the last flight, but am okay now. However, my body feels like it is in constant motion, like after I have been on a boat.

Only 10 more minutes of the cool British accent.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you have become a fan of British fare... when you return to Houston, the Bull and the Bear has some very traditional items... I am not a big fan of their fish-n-chips... I think the Fox and Hound have better fish-n-chips. Glad to hear the leg is not as bad. I will thinking of you guys and praying for you too. CJC

Anonymous said...

It is so funny that you met tons of Brits who vacation in Florida every year because when we went to Disney World this past May, I learned the same interesting fact. We met so many Brits when we were at the park and I later learned it is super popular with British families because it's cheap (at least by European standards), the beach is nearby, and the weather is sunny and warm. I asked why they did not just go to Euro-Disney and they were like "oh...it's just not the same as Disney World."