Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thank God this did not happen in K

Well, now we have a recent picture of ME.

Just as we were about to get ready to go to the gym for an AquaPump class, Jerry wanted to show me something while we were lounging in bed. It happened to be this large, heavy acrylic thing that sits on a base. Well, he thought the piece was attached to the base. It wasn't and it dropped and fell on my forehead. It hurt like the dickens and I started crying really loud, almost wailing! My mom rushed over and I could hear her and Jerry exclaim about how much blood was coming out. I was in LOTS of pain. My mom called our doctor friend and we all went to his office to see if I needed stitches. No stitches needed, but I will be sporting this big bandage for the next 4-5 days.

This incident reminded me and my mom of the last time something like this happened, only I was elementary-school-age playing with my cousins in Hawaii when I cut my forehead on the edge of a glass table in the house. My grandmother promptly went outside to get some grass to chew and then put in on my forehead to stop the bleeding. It worked and at the hospital my mom had to explain to person after person why I had grass on my head even though the accident was in the house. By the time we got home, my grandmother had wrapped the edges of her table with old sewing rags.

1 comment:

Mayra said...

oh my gosh!!!! i bet that hurt =(

hope you're feeling better!