Sunday, November 25, 2007

Catching up on photos

So here are a bunch of pictures that I keep meaning to post:
(Can someone tell me how to rotate pictures? You'll see what I mean...)

The dash of a typical car here. What do you notice is missing? Heat on the temp control knob! Definitely no need for heat in cars here. However, the temps are dipping into the 70s and I have seen a few locals with scarves, hats and sweaters!


The mouse we caught in our room after we injured it and then sprayed it with febreeze and window cleaner.


Pics from William Cary Baptist Church. Our old church back home participates in Operation Christmas Child. It was neat to see where all those gift boxes go! It would be way cool if this box had the boxes we made in the college class!


From Jerry's first outdoor haircut. It cost only 50 cents!! The guy has been cutting hair since 1979.


It is incredible the kinds and sizes of stuff people carry on their heads.


Communal bathing - a very common sight.


For my friend Jenn.


Everyone had a day off during the strike.


One of the Hindu gods.


One of Jerry's fav pics.


From a shopping mall in Chennai.


Celebrating Jerry's birthday.


Hawaiian shaved ice!! Can you believe it? I got mango. And it was pretty good! It made me really miss getting lilikoi (passion fruit) shaved ice from John's grocery up the road from my grandmother's house in Hawaii.

3 comments:

mommapao said...

Have you been to the Pao Chien restaurant???

rachel said...

Ugh...that mouse gives me the creeps. But - and not to make you feel bad - I now think of the mouse whenever we have spiders in our apartment, and then I think the spiders are not that bad.

About rotating the photos - I haven't mastered the placement of photos on Blogger, either, but so far I've been rotating the photo file prior to uploading it.

Sonar said...

I had a feeling yall would be in my country when you stated that cows are in the road and can's be forced off, because if their religious identity.