Friday, December 21, 2007

Bathrooms on sleeper class

Well, several people have been warning me about the bathrooms on sleeper class on the train. I am getting a little nervous about it. One friend said that she ended up puking while going to the toilet because of the "conditions." Yuck and gross. At least we are taking sleeper class going and the higher class coming back. On the way, we will just treat it as part of our train adventure. (I sure hope I can keep that attitude!) I am bringing a toilet kit consisting of toilet paper, purell, baby wipes and clorox wipes. Hopefully, that will carry us through. We also decided to stop drinking liquids a while ago to decrease the chance that we'll "have to go."

A friend told me about this site that pretty thoroughly describes train travel. You can go here if you want a better idea about train travel in these parts.

Maybe it won't be as bad as I have heard. Maybe it will be worse. Either way, you'll definitely get a report from me along with pictures.

2 comments:

kaushik said...

Dont Be too worried about the train. Darjeeling Mail is one of the good trains and I have traveled in it with my Irish wife. We will also be travelling in January again. Well as you said do carry a toilet pack with toilet tissue, baby wipes, maybe those paper soap things that you find in Kolkata. you will be fine. Lock your stuff usuing the lock thing you mentioned and put your wallet on u and put other valuables ina soft bag and sleep over it. In the ac coaches they will supply clean bedding but in sleeper class you need a cheap bed sheet to sleep on or I think that you might be able to buy them on the train, which will also mean that you will stand out from the rest on that coach. Hope you have a good trip. Darjeeling is a lovely place.

Unknown said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS JERRY AND MITZI! Tricia